Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Day Without E


Normally Jackie writes our posts, but on Tuesday she took E on a mammoth car trip to go visit grandma. So this week has been quiet for me.

I have to admit, going to bed and not waking up until Burton wanted to see his food at 4:30 was a bit of a treat. Turning on the lights to shower was another. But coming home to a quiet and somewhat dreary apartment that looked just as I'd left it that morning was sad. No food under the table. No sand on the floor. No boy running through the place screaming 'NA NEE' at the top of his lungs. Sad. Grandma gets all the good stuff.

This morning before I went to work, I put on his Justin Roberts CD -- I Chalk, Meltdown, Maybe the Monster -- and jumped up and down for a while as I looked at the earlier posts in this blog. Too many days without E.

No comments: